Contents: Katrin Van Herbruggen
Technical realisation: Centrum voor Teksteditie en Bronnenstudie
- The timeline has three major parts:
- A general time-line at the top, with events listed month by month.
- A detailed time-line in the middle, with events listed day-to-day.
- Time-line for the drafts at the bottom, with a survey of the when Joyce was working on which drafts.
- Events in the detailed time-line contain newspaper articles, followed by the relevant entries in the notebooks and drafts. These can be called up by clicking on the event.
- Every part of the time-line can be scrolled horizontally by clicking the mouse somewhere and then drag the mouse horizontally. By clicking on an event/point of the time-line that event will be centered. The time-lines can also be scrolled vertically, as can be the information in the pop-ups, when necessary. Linking arrows will appear to connect the labels with the relevant events if these are placed too low on the screen.
- The fields at the top
- "Filter" removes all events that do not contain the input.
- "Highlight" marks all the events that do contain the input in a given colour.
- Links with year reference at the top: clicking these moves the time-line immediately to the relevant point in time.